While my job focuses primarily on making sure the bride and groom are taken care of, let’s chat bridesmaids. I have done many posts on bridal tips, and it’s come to my realization that I haven’t given tips for being a bridesmaid.
- Bring an emergency kit. Inevitably things happen on a wedding day. You need an extra bobby pin, more deodorant, headache medicine or to sew something really quick. Pack a small emergency kit ahead of time and bring it along just in case.
- Decorate the getting ready space. The wedding day is a celebration! You’re also in a room for hours while everyone gets ready. How much more fun would it be if said room was decked out with balloons, flowers, champagne?! It also helps make very cute photos too 🙂
- Talk amongst the bridesmaids and divvy up who brings certain essentials to the day of. With regards to the first suggestion, have a group text or message with all the bridesmaids and decide who will bring things like a steamer, emergency kit, snacks etc. on the wedding day.
- Make sure you respond to everything. There are few things more frustrating than not getting responses when you ask. Multiply that times 100 when you’re a bride trying to get answers from your crew. Respond to her messages even if it’s just a simple answer. And RSVP to all wedding related events, even if your attendance is assumed.
- The day is not about you, so be helpful! Don’t use that terrible expression “let me know what you need from me.” Chances are she won’t. Offer to do specific things. That way she doesn’t have to think about giving out tasks. You’re being helpful and you’re setting up your own boundaries by taking things you’re able to handle too. Win win!
Don’t forget, you get more time with the bride than anyone else at the wedding. So take advantage of it and have fun!
Have you been a bridesmaid before? What were some things you found helpful?