I’m all about helping my brides. I know that the wedding day can be chaotic, which can make you feel stressed—not what I want for you! I thought I could give a few tips on how to keep your wedding day as stress-free as possible!
- Work out the schedule with the photographer. I make sure to be in touch with you enough in advance so we can work out the schedule. I want to be the keeper of the schedule. We will talk through it, iron out all the kinks, and from then on, it’s my job to keep things moving. The last thing I want you to worry about is the time and when we have to be on to the next thing. Your job is to enjoy every minute of your wedding day.
- Get a friend/family member to be a day-of coordinator. Not everyone wants or has the means to hire a wedding planner/coordinator. That’s completely fine. My suggestion would be to have a close friend/family member that you trust completely to help with a few things the day of. I had a family friend do that and it helped so much! She would bring me a couple of “problems,” but already have a solution for them that she’d run by me. That made it so I could say yes or no and move on. Super simple and no stress!
- Get the family photo list to photographer. Another list I ask for is the family photo list. Trust me, having that ahead of time just keeps those photos moving quickly, and everyone is happy. *Since I don’t know your Aunt Sue, having that family friend/coordinator at those photos helps me make sure I don’t miss anyone!
- Have snacks in room when getting ready. Yes yes, here is my snack advice again, can you tell I like to eat haha. Most of the time you forget to eat and drink enough on your wedding day, so have food and drinks while you’re getting ready, and also in the car/party bus/limo if we’re going to multiple locations for photos. It’ll keep everyone happy.
- Dance a little. Yes, of course you want to make sure to talk to your guests and thank them for coming to celebrate you and your spouse, but, it is your wedding day, you need to kick off those heels and dance a little!
Your wedding day is one of the best days of your life, and it’s my job to make sure I capture it as authentically as I can. I want your joy to shine through your photos so when you look back at them, and someday show your grandkids, they see just how happy [and not stressed] you were! What else do you think keeps the day stress free? Share some more tips in the comments 🙂